Change Mobile number without visiting the Branch: With the new regulations from RBI (Reserve Bank of India) and updated technology of the bank portals, it has become mandatory for customers to update and link their mobile number and aadhar card with their existing account.
The reason and motive behind are to curb unhealthy practices or hacking, where customers are losing control over their online account. With the availability of the Internet Banking, it has become quick and easy for everyone to transfer money within a few seconds.
DISCLAIMER TO SECURITY: However, when an individual wish to perform an online transaction or do anything related to SBI Netbanking, the bank sends an OTP to the registered mobile number to authorize the transaction. If the customer have not updated their mobile number, then they may not be able to perform the transaction but you can always set your phone number, update it and get your transactions onlin.
Steps for Changing Mobile Number
Although an individual can visit the branch and update their mobile number, the easiest and quickest way is through online. As the customer already possesses an account, they can make the changes to their personal information using the Internet right from their home.
Follow the steps to provide information on how to change the mobile number without visiting the branch:
Step 1: Open the website of the bank and login to the account with the username and password.
Step 2: After logging into the account, you can view the options provided. From the same porta, head to the “Profile” tab, click it.
Step 3: From the profile tab, press the “Personal Details” link.
Step 4: You have to input your profile password to proceed further.
Step 5: After confirmation, you will head to a new screen, where you will view the registered Display Name, Email ID, and Registered Mobile Number.
Step 6: Press the hyperlink: Change Mobile Number – Domestic Only (Through OTP/ATM/Contact Center)
Step 7: Clicking it will take you to a new screen where you will notice “Personal Details –Mobile Number Update” option with three additional tabs – Create Request, Cancel Request and Status.
Step 8: Enter the new mobile number in the provided field, twice.
Step 9: Re-enter the new mobile number once again.
Step 10: Click the “Submit” button.
Step 11: A dialog box appears asking you to verify and confirm the entered mobile number.
Step 12: Press “OK” from the dialog box.
Step 13: A new window appears where you can change the mobile number using three different modes:
- By OTP on both mobile numbers
- IRATA: Internet Banking Request Approval through ATM
- Contact Center Care (Customer Care)
Change Registered Mobile Number by OTP
Step 14: As you wish to update the contact details over the Internet without visiting the branch, you will have to opt for the first option, which is “By OTP on both mobile numbers” to register the new number. Follow the steps below:
- Click the “By OTP on both the Mobile Number”
- Press the “Proceed” button
- Choose the radio button for the account and for which you hold the debit card
- Click the “Proceed” button again
- The next screen will display the ATM cards associated with the account
- Select the ATM card, and press “Proceed”
- You will see the Payment Gateway appear in the next screen.
- Enter all the details of the card – cardholder’s name, number, expiry date, PIN, and visible characters in the box
- Click the “Submit” button
- Before pressing the “Pay” button, ensure that the card details that you entered are correct
- If the details are correct, then press the “Pay” button.
- Upon successful validation, the Internet Banking System will send OTP along with the
reference number to both the old and new mobile numbers as mentioned earlier.
- You now have to send SMS messages from both the mobile numbers in the following manner: ACTIVATE<8 digit OTP code><13 digit reference number> to 567676 within 4 hours
- Once the system successfully validates the details sent through the SMS, which contains the OTP and the reference number, the new number becomes active for Internet Banking Services, ATM, and CBS.
- Internet Banking System will send an auto-generated message to the new mobile number that the process of changing the mobile number was successful.
If you still have doubts, Follow these video instruction (BONUS: In Hindi)!